A simple soup that is packed full of flavor and delicious vegetables. Perfect for a chilly winter day.
Flavorful and packed with delicious vegetables
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced into half moons
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (4 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans, cut in half
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Salt & pepper
- Shredded parmesan for topping
In a large soup pot, melt butter on medium high heat.
Add onion, celery, carrots and zucchini. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 5-7 minutes.
Add minced garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato sauce and italian seasoning. Bring to a slight boil.
Add white beans, red kidney beans, green beans and pasta and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender.
Season the soup with salt and pepper and then add the baby spinach. Cook for another 2-5 minutes or until spinach has wilted.
Serve with shredded parmesan cheese.
The vegetables and pasta will soak up the broth so if you go to heat up leftovers, add some more broth or water to the bowl before you heat.