This cheesy chicken & rice crockpot meal is so easy to make and just like all crockpot meals, it cooks while you are living your busy daily life. Throw some already made rice and some shredded cheese in at the end and you have a hearty and delicious meal for your family.
If you don’t already use these incredible crockpot liners, give them a try. They are literally a lifesaver and make clean up so much easier. Amazon has them for a great price https://amzn.to/2D2XEKV .As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheesy Crockpot Chicken & Rice
An easy meal the whole family will love
- 3 medium chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups white rice already made
- 1 large can of sliced mushrooms or 1 container of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)
In a Crockpot, add all ingredients except the white rice, mushrooms and shredded cheese.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
About 30 minutes before it's done, remove chicken and shredded it. Add chicken back in along with the mushrooms.
Leave for another 30 minutes.
After the 30 minutes is up, add shredded cheese and rice and cover. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes or just long enough for the cheese to melt.