I am always looking for a good salad that I can make from home. This one tastes so fresh but also has a hint of smoky flavor from the BBQ sauce. Perfect for a quick dinner.
BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small chicken breasts
- Salt & pepper
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 10 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3/4 cup canned sweet corn, drained
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese (or any type of cheese you would like)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (I use a sweet honey but any kind works great)
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips
In a medium skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat.
Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts and cook under no longer pink in the center.
In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Once chicken is done, allow to cool on cutting board and then thinly slice. Add to salad and toss to combine.
Sliced avocado is really good on this